Historical Analysis Paper
A historical analysis essay is a paper written to table arguments proving a particular thesis. The arguments are based on history and should prove insight by using both primary and secondary historical sources to prove the essay's thesis statement.
For this assignment, you are a budding historian, trying to make sense of some aspect of the history we cover in this course.
You should survey your textbooks primary sources. They are typically included at the end of the chapters, though you will also find some included in the chapter text.
For your assignment, you will include at least two (2) but no more than three (3) primary sources from the textbook for class.
Please choose at least two (2) but no more than three (3) primary sources from your textbook to write a historical analysis paper.
You can use any material that we have read/watched in class as secondary source material. If you do use any of that material, you must cite the ideas or quotations using footnotes.
Before writing the analysis of the sources, come up with a research question that the sources will address. Include the research question in your essay.
CAUTION: The goal is to write a cohesive essay - not individual source analysis paragraphs. Make the sources speak to each other. Put them together to draw a larger conclusion.
Write a three to four-page (1,000-1,250 word) historical analysis that CAN INCLUDE the following:
- Describe the document/source. Who wrote it, when, where? Do you know who the author is by name? Do you know the race, age, or gender of the author?
- Why do you think the author wrote the document? What was the author's motivation for writing? Did s/he have an intended audience? Can you discern any particular characteristics about the audience?
- What kinds of conclusions can you draw from the sources?
- What do we learn about the time period in which the documents were written?
- Do the experiences that are described in the documents relate to history that we will discuss in class? Please use the course textbook American Yawp as secondary sources to help with this question.
THESE QUESTIONS CAN HELP YOU BEGIN TO ORGANIZE YOUR PAPER. THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED.
You must include references for material taken from primary and secondary sources. All references should follow MLA guidelines.
Why we are Ranked the best
Hear from our customers
Universiteit van Amst
Great and easy to use site. They did my work and I got a good grade. All my assignments are done by magicaltutors and I don't worry because their service is beyond perfection.
Florida State University
MagicalTutors are my best writers, The work they do is of great quality and appealing. You can give all your homework assignments to them and focus your effort on something else.
Magicaltutors provides a very helpful Platform for offering notes to people around the world. welcome and enjoy the services. For any of my writing assignment, magictutors is the solution.
I love MagicalTutors, they make everything so easy. No delays using their writing services. Work is delivered before the deadline with all the specified instruction followed to the tip.