the secret trial
The Secret Trial
[WLOs: 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning your written assignment read the article, article, the article, article and review the Supreme Court Opinions synopses.
Read the following case scenario:
In the ongoing war on terrorism, the new president has proposed expanding the jurisdiction of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA). FISA is a U.S. federal court established and authorized under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 to oversee requests for surveillance warrants against foreign spies inside the United States by federal law. The new presidents proposed Secret Terrorism Trial Bill will expand the jurisdiction of the FISA to hold secret, non-public trials of accused terrorists for any planned or actual acts of terrorism on U.S. soil. The bill will also allow witnesses to testify before the FISA Court by remote video with their identities kept secret from the accused and any defense team. The stated purpose for the secrecy is to allow trials of terrorists without giving them a public platform for their radical ideology and to allow witnesses to testify without fear of reprisals from terrorist groups such as ISIS or Al-Qaeda.
Write a paper addressing the following:
- Explain whether the proposed Secret Terrorism Trial Bill violates the Sixth Amendment right to a public trial,
- Describe whether the proposed Secret Terrorism Trial Bill violate the Sixth Amendment right to confront the witnesses against you.
- Explain whether the governments overriding need to fight terrorism outweighs the Sixth Amendment rights of the accused.
- Identify whether the Sixth Amendment applies to terrorists since the writers of the Constitution could not have envisioned mass shootings and suicide bombers.
The Secret Trial paper
- Must be 500 to 750 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centers
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to .
- Must utilize academic voice. See the resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing as well as , refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three court cases and one scholarly source.
- The table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centers
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Why we are Ranked the best
Hear from our customers
Universiteit van Amst
Great and easy to use site. They did my work and I got a good grade. All my assignments are done by magicaltutors and I don't worry because their service is beyond perfection.
Florida State University
MagicalTutors are my best writers, The work they do is of great quality and appealing. You can give all your homework assignments to them and focus your effort on something else.
Magicaltutors provides a very helpful Platform for offering notes to people around the world. welcome and enjoy the services. For any of my writing assignment, magictutors is the solution.
I love MagicalTutors, they make everything so easy. No delays using their writing services. Work is delivered before the deadline with all the specified instruction followed to the tip.